Garments Dyeing | Different Advantages of Garment Dyeing
Though garment dyeing is a new technology for us but it is actually using in the European countries for the last 70 years. In the first, this type of technology was applied on silk and woolen garments but now it is applied on nylon, acrylic, and polyester and also extensively used in cotton garments. Popularity of garment dyeing is increasing in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Canada, North America, Turkey, Israel, South Africa, Japan, USA and UK etc. As its importance, this article has presented a discussion about garments dyeing with its various advantages.
What is Garment Dyeing?
Generally, we dye fibre, yarn or fabric. After that the dyed and finished fabric is used for making the garments. In case of garments dyeing, garments are made from grey fabric and then the garments are dyed in required color and shade. There are different types of garments which are dyed in garments dyeing technology such as jeans item, skirt, socks, shirt, sweater, panty-hose etc.
Fig: Garment dyeing technique used in garments
Advantages of Garment Dyeing:
Popularity of garments dyeing is increasing day by day in all over the world. There are so many advantages of garments dyeing over fabric dyeing which are mentioned in the below:
- It needs comparatively lower production cost for any items of any color and shade.
- It requires comparatively less time to produce and supply the apparel.
- In garment dyeing, there is no possibility of shade variation within the garments.
- Here, within less time small lots of different items could be produced at lower cost.
- In case of garments dyeing, old garments could be redyed. Hence, it looks likes new garments.
- Here, de-sizing, scouring, bleaching, dyeing and finishing have done in the same machine.
- It needs comparatively lower capital investment cost to set-up a garments dyeing project.
- Here, lower require ratio in garments dyeing requires lower water, steam and chemical consumption as a result of lower garments dyeing cost.
- In fabric cutting approximately 10-15% fabric is cut out as fabric wastage. If this 10-15% fabric is cut out as grey fabric rather than colored fabric then wastage cost will be saved.